Thursday, January 28

New Year's

We watched the First Night fireworks from the roof of one of Jon's parking garages. It had a great view and only 2 other cars were up there. It was incredible to feel the vibrations. There was a large building behind us, so the sound echoed. The parking garage shook. Once Taelyn calmed down from the initial shock, she really enjoyed it.By the time I started to get the hang of taking photos, the fireworks were over. I'm excited to try it again next year. I'll move up to the railing so it won't be in the pictures...

Due to being out so late, Tae slept really well. In fact, we slept until 10. That is the latest I've slept in for 20 months and 4 weeks!

The next night Taelyn had a slumber party at our house. It was more to give the boy's very pregnant mother a much needed break, but Tae was thrilled that these 3 would come to see her. I honestly think she has a crush on the oldest. I've already tried to talk to her about him being too old, but she won't listen.
Going from 1 to 4 children wore me out. It totally increased my amazement of mothers. It honestly took me over a week to fully recover. That may have had something to do with only getting one full night of sleep in before spending the night, or early morning, on an air mattress in their living room while their parents went to the hospital to have their baby brother. Or maybe I'm just a wimp.

1 comment:

nersey said...

I cannot believe how big Taelyn is! She is such a cutie.