Friday, August 6

This Old House

We've been without hot water for a full month now. I'm not proud, or angry. OK, that's totally a lie! I'm amazed that I've lasted this long. Unfortunately, I'm hitting the end of my rope.

A friend asked if I had a to-do list that I needed to get done before the baby comes. Anyone that knows me knows that I live on to-do lists. I even add things to my list that I've already accomplished that day so that I can see how productive my day has been. I may, or may not, also just enjoy starting a list with something already completed. It helps me to be motivated. Well, I haven't made a to-do list for...hmmm...about a month now. I tried to make a to-do list yesterday. I couldn't do it. Seriously. I attempted it several times. Then I cried.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh, Beautiful! Come over and take a hot shower while I watch Tae! You'll feel so much better and I can help you with whatever list you need to make/accomplish!

Jenni said...

Ditto to the above!! You are welcome at my house anytime. Plus I like to believe I am handy, so if you need help let me know! I would even help tomorrow after CAST!

macarace said...

I think you need to just call the landlord and get him to fix it TODAY. A month is way to long to wait, especially for a pregnant woman with a toddler. (Who by the way is so cute.) Good luck with the water heater.

Holly said...

Do you need ME to call the land lord? Girl you NEED hot water, I would be ticked. Seriously, what can we do?

Holly said...

Do you need ME to call the land lord? Girl you NEED hot water, I would be ticked. Seriously, what can we do?

Andrea said...

Legally, your landlord is required to take care of the issue within 30 days of notice of the problem. If it is something like not having water at all, they have to respond within a shorter period. I am thinking it is 24 hours, but I can't remember. I don't want to steer you wrong, but I think that after 30 days you can have the repairs done and take that money out of the upcoming rent checks. You will want to google Salt Lake County tenant/landlord law. Each county is different.

Is it just water heater issues? We just had to deal with this with our renters.

Good Luck.