Friday, April 23

You Were There

**I wrote this several weeks ago, so Fast & Testimony meeting wasn't really last Sunday**

Sunday was Fast & Testimony meeting (open mic for people to get up and share their thoughts on Christ, the Gospel, and basically anything they want to say). Half way through Jon got up to share his testimony. I caught most of it, but I missed a few parts while I was taking care of Tae and listening to the 5 year old that wanted to sit by Tae. I remember thinking it was beautiful. Then it was over and I continued to try to keep Tae quiet and entertained. I didn't think any more of it until I got to Primary (I teach the kids singing time). One of the teachers asked if Jon had announced in his testimony that I was pregnant. I stuttered and quickly said I didn't think he had said that. She apologized and said that she and her mother had both taken it that way. I then quickly ran to find Jon to find out just what he had said.

He was in Nursery with Taelyn, 2 other toddlers, and another father (the Nursery Leaders didn't show up). I cornered him, and with fire in my eyes-I'm sure, the whispered conversation went something like this:

T: What did you say during your testimony?

J: You were there.

T: Jon, I have a kid. I miss 50% of what is said in Sacrament Meeting.

J: You looked at me and smiled after I said it.

T: Did you really announce to the ward that we are expecting?

J: Well, yeah. I thought it was time.

T: And what about what I think?

J: I thought you had said you wanted to wait until after we heard the heartbeat. We did that.

T: . . .

After I stewed about it a bit, finished singing time, walked home, started making dinner (we were feeding the missionaries), stewed about it some more, called my mom to complain and had her laugh at me, I started realizing I was being slightly irrational. I had mostly calmed down when Jon got home...and it all came back again. I won't share that conversation, except for the end, because it makes me laugh:

J: Are you really upset, or is this just hormonal?

T: I don't know! (accompanied by tears-which pretty much answers the question)

7 comments:

mike & teresa said...

Yeah-Congratulations! when's the day?

Trudy said...

Congratulations!!

Jayson & Chelsey said...

Yaaayyy!!! Congratulations you guys! I'm so excited for you!

Jen said...

Congratulations again, Tamaran! Even though you weren't ready for the public announcement, Jon's words were really sweet.

Fig said...

Yay!! This is great news. I really hope this pregnancy will be a little easier for you than the last one.

I thought you looked super cute in Chelsey's shower pics. Now I know it's the pregnant glow! :-)

Cristina said...

Congratulations, now you have a fun story to tell this baby!

nersey said...

WOW!WOW!WOW! That is wonderful news even if Jon was being a rat and went testimony public with it. I would have added exlax to his slice of pie to get even, but I am a mean and spitefull pregnant women!