Monday, July 7

Official Weed Growth

So we just got back from our 2 month appointment. Its official, she really is growing like a weed.

Taelyn is now 10 lbs 9 oz. That is big for us because she is finally over 10 pounds...but it is only in the 50th percentile for weight.

The weed growth is evident in her height. She is now 23 3/4 inches! That's 2 1/4 inches in 2 months. For height, she is in the 95th percentile.

Verdict...she is tall and skinny. I've complained a lot about clothing sizes. Who decided that all onesies needed to be short and wide? Jon and I went through and sorted through onesies (clothing of choice) and pulled out the ones that won't fit. Many of them were too short from the beginning. We have a stack that may or may not fit, depending on when she finally fills out. We'll hang on to them and cut them off for t-shirts if needs be.

My mom said that she had heard that babies stretch a lot if they are growing. Taelyn has a 10 minute stretching ritual that she does whenever she wakes up-and it sure paid off. Guess mom's crazy theory is true.

It took me about 20 pictures, but I finally got one where she was all stretched out!

3 comments:

Us Lochers said...

I'm now going to refer to her as "stretch." What a cutie!

Barrettes and Bows said...

Cute little family Tamaran. It was good to hear from you!

DyeFam said...

She is such a doll! I"m so glad we found you again. I'm so glad we got to spend time with you too! We loved Red Fleet! Please stay in touch. Good luck with everything!