Monday, July 7

Our 4th of July

We spent our Independence Day in Neola. We started with Taelyn's first parade. First we waited...then waited...then waited. It was supposed to start at 9. We left the house at 5 to 9. I was afraid we would miss seeing my little sister. Well, it finally started at 9:45! Here are a few pictures taken while waiting.As far as the parade, let me document it in pictures. There were ~35 entries. Here are some of my favorites.
These are our Veterans. Seeing how many community members fought for our freedom and how many of them I knew brought tears to my eyes. I wished I could see the other side...
Umm...only in Neola... Union High School Cheerleaders (Jaci is on the left. Her 4-wheeler reminds me of Mario Cart!)
I had lots of family in the parade.
Taryn was in the parade too. Unfortunately, when they went by she was on the other side of the float and all you could see was from her nose up. I didn't get a picture... FORTUNATELY, when the parade was over, they turned around and came back through town! (again...only in Neola!) At first I thought the idea was silly...but then I realized there were a few pictures I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
I also got to see the other side of the float with our Veterans.
Taryn was the Neola Rodeo First Attendant. My mom makes all of Taryn's outfits. Taryn has decided that when Taelyn get big enough to walk, Mom will make Taelyn mini-outfits that match Taryn's. Then Taelyn can follow Taryn around and be a mini-rodeo queen. We're not sure what we think about that yet, but she does have horses and Mom actually looked excited to sew for them both. Ya, both are a little spoiled (not that I have room to talk...).

Here are a few more pictures that I took while we were staying with my family. I love being able to watch them interact with Taelyn.
Sleeping Beauties.

This is a new experience for my family. I think we are all loving every second of it (yes, even Truck...though I'm still trying to get any of my siblings to change diapers!)

3 comments:

Us Lochers said...

I've seen tractors in parades before... but having a sister be a rodeo queen and brother named Truck.... that's only in Neola! ha ha!

Tamaran said...

I didn't think that was very funny Darla...but Jon sure did!

DyeFam said...

Tamaran-Cute pictures-we loved looking at them!