Tuesday, July 1

We Both Survived

Well, we made it through my first day back at work. I'll admit, I had a really hard time leaving Taelyn. It took me several attempts and wet eyes to get out the door. Once in the car, I cried. It took me half of the drive to work to calm down. It helped to actually get to work and talk to everyone. When they asked how I was doing, I opted for honesty. I let them know that I cried, but I thought I could make it. Darla let me know that she cried both times she had to start back to work after having her little girls. It made me feel better.

I did go see Taelyn during lunch. At first I was hesitant because I was afraid it would be harder the second time. At 11:45 I realized that I knew the whole time that I wouldn't pass up on an opportunity to see her. It was great to see her half way through the day. I fed her, swaddled her, and put her down for a nap. I was a few minutes late getting back to work, but it was worth it.

Jon picked her up at 4, but then had to go to an acupuncture appointment with Dan. He dropped her off at my work at 4:20. I was determined to sneak her in and not let anyone know she was there. Ya, that didn't work so well. I passed Scott, my boss, on the way in the door. Just before making it to my cube, I ran into Brent, Scott's supervisor. In a very loud voice he exclaimed, "BABY ON FLOOR". So much for secrecy. Actually, Jenni and Jenna didn't realize she was there until 5 when we were leaving. That is impressive because Jenni and I share a cube wall. Taelyn actually slept the whole time.

The best part of the day was when I got Taelyn home and she woke up and smiled at me. I was over joyed to know that she didn't hate me for leaving her. An unrealistic fear, I know...but it was a fear of mine none the less.

Even though the day wasn't that bad, I sure am grateful that I'm only working 2 days a week. I'm SO excited to stay home all day with Taelyn tomorrow.


Oh, and I'd like to thank Jenni and Shane for modifying my cube for my return. They were kind enough to take a panel from a different cube and add it to the entry of my cube. It made it so that if you wanted to enter my cube, you had to do it sideways! It did make me laugh. I'm sure glad I love my job and the wonderful people I work with. It made today much easier.

2 comments:

Us Lochers said...

It will get easier to leave her and will be even easier when you can finally have her in the daycare here. THEN you can see her on all your breaks!! It will all work out. You'll see!

Kirstine said...

I'm so glad you got to see her during the day. It is so wonderful that they are so forgiving. Enjoy your day home with her.