Wednesday, April 1

Last April Fools

...I got a call from Taryn. She was frantic. Her and a friend wanted to go to the movies, but none of their parents were available to take them. She told me that they decided to drive. On the way they hit a pedestrian. They didn't know what to do, so they kept driving. She was crying. They didn't know what happened to the kid they hit.

I fell for it.

I asked how fast they were driving, where they were when they hit him, etc. I then told her they needed to call the cops and go back. She started freaking out and asking questions about what would happen because neither of them were licenced.

Jon realized what was going on and grabbed the phone from me. In a calm, concerned voice, he asked for details. He played along, then asked if there was a gulch close to the location of the accident. It confused her a little, and she said yes. He then told them to go back, get the body, and throw it in the gulch.

Jon, thanks for helping me save face on that one! I tried to get Taryn back, but Mom refused to play along. I wanted Mom to tell her that I had been in a car accident and miscarried. Probably some wisdom in mom's refusal...

7 comments:

mike & teresa said...

way to go Jon to get her back.

Fig said...

HA ha ha ha. Jon's the bomb, that was some quick thinking on his part.

Jayson & Chelsey said...

Pretty good April Fools! But, I'm confused- did I miss something? Miscarried?

Tamaran said...

That was last year-when I was pregnant (8 months) with Tae.

Kael and Katy said...

that's awesome! I was actually talking to my sis in law on the phone while reading your post and I was laughing so hard, that I had to read it to her over the phone, she loved it too! haha

☆jeff&leawoodland☆ said...

OH HA HA i thought maybe you guys were going to have another baby!

:)

nersey said...

Not at all funny I would have driven back to the Basin just to kick som boot, John response was PRICELESS !!!