Monday, March 30

Steps

Up to this point, Tae's feet have been rooted to the ground. Yes she would cruise if she was holding on to furniture, but if she was free standing-that was it. She would stand until she got bored, slowly lower herself to the ground, and take off crawling like a baby possessed. We had tried to help her walk, but it turned into a I-can't-believe-your-forcing-me-to-do-this prance. Prance is totally the right word. I wondered how long it would take her to realize that she could move her feet while she was standing. Well, it happened last night. I stood Tae up and she walked to me! I can't believe how much that made me happy, sad, excited and terrified all at the same time. We started having her walk between us. She maxed out at 5 steps. I ran to grab my camera, then realized the battery was dead. Unwilling to admit defeat, I grabbed the camcorder. Dead too. Blast me and my procrastination! I'll charge batteries tonight and post a video tomorrow.

3 comments:

Us Lochers said...

YAY!

Nicole said...

How exciting!!!!! and terrifying and...and...and... Josh isn't to that point yet, but I'm positive that day will come LONG before I'm ready for it. Josh and I stayed home yesterday because I have a pretty bad cold and didn't want to get anyone sick. Joshua has the same symptoms, though not as bad, as I've got, and you know how hard it is to keep kiddos like that from touching others, or to keep others from touching them. Hopefully we'll be back and better than ever soon. :) We missed you too.

Jenni said...

vid-e-o! vid-e-o! vid-e-o!