Friday, March 13

Our Trip Home

We got the chance to make a whirl-wind trip home last weekend. 24 hours of trying to visit as many people as possible. I wish we could have seen everyone, but it just isn't possible to do in 1 day (the one disadvantage of us both being from the Basin but not living there). Next trip we'll make sure we make it to see Tami/Dick and Jodi/Bruce (Jon's sisters and their fams).

I love going home. We haven't been home this semester because of Jon's math class. Each week we spend a few evenings and several hours on Saturday doing homework. It has been hard to make time to go home. I'll sure be glad when this semester is over...

While home, we were able to see Sherrie (Jon's mom), Jenae (Jon's step-sister), Renae (Jon's oldest sis), Jake/Danille (Jon's brother and fam) and Grandpa Dye (my parents and Taryn met us at grandpa's so they could see Tae). It was so wonderful to see everyone. I especially liked seeing grandpa. We don't always make time to see him when we are home. It dawned on me that I don't know how many more trips we'll have the opportunity to see him.

Here are a few pics from Jake and Danille's. Tae loved seeing her cousin, Evey, and Buster (their dog). Tae loves pets, but Jon is such a germaphobe that he doesn't let her touch them. Buster had just been washed and trimmed so Jon didn't mind her touching. Thank goodness he is used to Evey; it didn't bother him that Tae did so much tugging on his ears, legs, moustache, etc.

1 comment:

Jayson & Chelsey said...

I also got to see grandpa when we were in Utah for a bit. It was definitely good to see him. I'm glad you enjoyed it!