Monday, May 11

For Tae's Birthday

We had planned on doing a BBQ at my parents house. With her birthday being in the middle of the week, we decided the best thing to do would be to wait until Saturday. My dad was scheduled to be out of town for work on the 9th, so we looked at the 16th. That wasn't good either, so we are looking at the 23rd. [I still need to send out invites...]

Anyway, that left us wondering what to do on the actual day. I took her to my Cinco de Mayo lunch party at work. She loved it. We decided to just spend the evening together doing some type of activity, dinner, presents and cake. We were really excited when we found out Colton and Shay were going to be in town for Shay's track meet. We had planned on going to the aviary while waiting for Colton and Shay to show up. Who knew they closed at 6? We ended up hanging out in the back yard. Kind of lame, I know, but we had a good time and I'm including a sideways video to prove it! Pay attention to the first when she calls for Jon (aka 'da') to come walk with her.

We also decided to give her one of her presents while we were waiting. She loved it! Just in case the picture isn't enough, let me include the video. Yeah, I know, turned the wrong direction again. Dang me!

She played so hard that she was asleep when Colton and Shay got there. Colton sure had a hard time being patient until she woke up! After she woke up, we fed her (we ate while she was sleeping), then let her open her presents. She loved the wrapping paper, but it took FOREVER! She tore the paper apart one little piece at a time. Quite a slow process.

Here is a picture of her opening her beach towels (one piece at a time). Not necessarily a fun gift (towels), but they will come in handy with this (from Colton and Shay): She also got a bike helmet so that she can ride to work with me. She loved it...can't you tell? These pictures are from the next day when we made it to the aviary before they closed.

3 comments:

Meadow said...

Hazel did not love her helmet when we first got it. I had her wear it (not strapped on) around the house and then later, when she was used to that, I strapped it on. Finally, once she was okay with the helmet, I put it on in the trailer.

Also, learn from my neck-pinching, always have her look UP before you fasten it. Yeah, that sucked...

It looks like Tae had a fabulous birthday party.

Tamaran said...

That is actually great advice (both parts). Thanks Meadow!

nersey said...

Happy birthday beautiful girl!