Thursday, May 14

Our Anniversary

Today is our anniversary. We agreed that in lieu of gifts, we would put in a garden this year. I think his way around that was by going overboard on my Mother's Day gift. He spoiled me. He got me a spa package that included: massage, facial, brow wax, pedicure, manicure. I also got to spend some time in the steam room between the massage and the facial. My favorite? Definitely the facial. The massage was nice, but the facial was heavenly.

Today Jon dropped by my work with balloons, a rose and a card. It is hard for me to believe that today is our forth anniversary. Hardly seems like that much time has passed.

I'm so grateful for Jon and love him so much. He sets such a good example for me, and makes me want to be a better person. He is always willing to help me, even if it means staying up 'til two Saturday night working on Primary stuff. He keeps his complaining, usually about my procrastination or my willingness to take on too much, to a minimum. He loves my family. He helps around the house. He is a great cook, and I don't mind too much that he struggles to clean up afterward. He constantly strives to better himself. He always shares is thoughts with me, no matter how random (and they are always random). He would do anything for Tae and I. He is an awesome father. He loves me.

Side note, since it is our anniversary, it also means that I was released from my mission 5 years ago.

Time sure does fly, especially since we are having fun!

Jon, I have absolutely loved these last four years. Thank you.

7 comments:

mike & teresa said...

what a great husband to get you a spa package! Congrats on 4 years

Kael and Katy said...

That's an awesome Mother's Day present, the perfect one actually! I have to agree with you, Facials are HEAVENLY! My mom and I do them together every year on our little "birthday getaway" haha. Happy Anniversary!

Jayson & Chelsey said...

Facials are my favorite too... to me I think that a combo Facial-Pedicure is more relaxing than a full massage. Happy Anniversary you 2!

DyeFam said...

Happy Anniversary~! It's fun we were married so close to the same date~!

nersey said...

What a great post, you two were definatly made for each other!

Trudy said...

Congrats on your anniversary! It's amazing how time flies.

Pughs said...

I'm finally catching up on blogs. It's good to read about how things are going in your life. It's crazy how fast 4 years can go eh? Tae is as cute as ever.