Monday, October 19

What's been going on at our house?

I really do feel bad about the lack of posts lately. So much has happened-and yet...nothing has really happened.

Tae got stomach flu a week and a half ago. It was our first throw-up experience with her. It was awful. She got sick twice before we put her to bed. We had an emergency bath and changing of her bedding before we went to bed. She woke up choking on and coughing up phlegm 4 times during the night. When I called my boss the next morning to let him know I was staying home with her, I had reached the point of desperation. I said, "Scott, you're a dad that has been through this. What do I do?!" 5 minutes later, his wife called me. We were finally able to get her to hold down Pedialyte.

We had a RS retreat up at the Heber Valley Girls Camp. It was a one-night campout thing. My parents were going to baby-sit because Jon had been asked to come as one of the Priesthood leaders. Unfortunately, that fell at the tail end of Tae's 24-hour flu. Jon stayed home with her and I went up for a few hours. Other than the snow on the ground and the freezing cold wind, it was rather enjoyable. Secretly I was glad I had to go home. I'm not sure I ever would have gotten warm enough to actually fall asleep.

Last weekend was the ASCE-YMF BBQ. Lot of acronyms, I know. American Society of Civil Engineers-Younger Member Forum. It is the professional organization for Civil Engineers under the age of 35. There was actually a huge turnout. We ate dinner, carved pumpkins, fed ducks, chased Taelyn, and missed the officer elections (we were feeding ducks). Kind of sad considering I was running for Treasurer. All positions were uncontested-so it wasn't too big a deal.

That is about it. OH! Except for the fact that it has been 1 whole month since Taelyn has bit someone at daycare! Sad as it may be, I feel like it is Christmas every time I go to pick her up and there isn't a slip telling me she bit someone. It's like it has been Christmas for a whole month! In her defense, she never used to bite...until she was bitten first. Hopefully we are passed that phase...and hopefully I didn't just jinx it.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

I totally get the so much happening and yet nothing happening. That sounds like the story of my life.

Congrats on becoming treasurer!