Monday, October 19

What's been going on in our ward?

There are two things that I really want to blog about.

The first is the family that taught the last RS cooking class. They are from Micronesia. The daughter served a mission in England, so she serves as a translator. I think I have figured out the family relations there, but am not really sure how to explain it. The mom and dad have two married daughters and a single son. I believe their nephew lives with them, as well as the brother of their son-in-law. Anyway, the reason I post about this family is because we attended the baptism of their nephew's wife (they had gotten married earlier that same day). It was so sweet and simple. The talks were in their native language and the daughter translated. The following day the nephew's wife was confirmed. Because it was fast and testimony meeting, several of the family members then bore their testimonies. We heard from the father, the girl that had just been baptized, one of the son-in-laws (both son-in-laws are new members), and the daughter that serves as the translator. It was one of the more spiritual meetings that I have attended lately. Maybe it was partly because Taelyn was good and I was able to listen. Either way, this family is amazing and it has been fun to watch them grow.

The second thing is that we now have Sister Missionaries! It was amazing to be able to go out with them to an appointment. It reminded me of how long it has been since I was in their shoes. They are both amazing and work so well together. One is a recent convert from Michigan who is finishing up her mission. The other is from Kentucky and is just starting hers. They spoke in Sacrament Meeting yesterday and did an amazing job. Once again, Taelyn was good and I was able to listen.

It was nice to have two incredible meetings in a row. It was even nicer that I got to listen to them both. I had honestly gotten to the point where I was wondering if I would ever be able to feel the Spirit in a meeting again. I never realized just how hard it is to have a toddler at church.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

That's great that you have sisters in your ward now. My ward has elders, and I feel bad that I can't have them over for dinner. If my ward had sisters, I would totally have them over for dinner all the time.