Thursday, June 17

Show-N-Tell

They do Show-N-Tell at the daycare. I've been really lazy with it, because she's two-and why put effort into something she just doesn't get yet. Right?

Two weeks ago we were starting to put Tae to bed. We were sitting on the floor and singing Old MacDonald's Farm (a new favorite). When we stopped singing, she meticulously arranged her feet so that she was sitting cross-legged. I didn't think much of it until she started to clap her hands and hit her knees and say something very rhythmically that I couldn't understand. I asked Jon what she was doing and he had no idea either. She continued for a few minutes before I finally got it.

Her chanting was "show-and-tell-it" repeated over and over. I laughed and wondered if it was just a song to her. I crossed my legs and joined in. When she stopped, I stopped. Then she said "momma turn". I struggled to keep a strait face, showed her my empty hands and told her that momma didn't have anything to shown-n-tell.

Her eyes lit up and she pointed at me. In one of her most excited voices she exclaimed "New shirt!"

I lost it. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Can I just say how much I love this phase? I love the interaction. I love the learning. And I love the funny things that come out of her mouth. I am amazed daily at the things that they pick up. She is definitely in the sponge phase, and I love every second! [Well, OK, almost every second. There have been a few times that I said something I probably shouldn't have that made me cringe when I heard it repeated back!]

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I agree! I just LOVE this spongy stage. :) Joshua is in that stage too. He can play the VW game even if there are no VW's around!