Friday, June 11

And We Are Having...

A BOY!
I posted on FB right when we found out...but still haven't taken time to get info on here.

The ultrasound was good. It was nice to see him (well, as much as you can 'see' on an ultrasound). I definitely felt like I could 'see' more on the ultrasound with Tae. He looks healthy. I have to go back in for another ultrasound in July to check on one concern they had about the placenta being low. The doctor thinks it will correct itself, but wanted to be on the safe side. I'm hoping that the baby being a little bigger will help me to be able to see more next time.

I've forgotten how much I love to feel the baby move. I'm remembering that there are some things about pregnancy that I love. It really is an amazing process.

As for names, we really want to use Gary for the middle name (because how could we not when it covers both of our fathers). We have struggled to find a first name that we can agree on. Right now we are leaning toward Brayden Gary. We don't absolutely love it, but neither of us has strong objections to it. As we were discussing names, we would occasionally run some by Taelyn. She has started calling him Baby Brayden, so I guess that has become our deciding factor. Occasionally she calls him Brayden Gary, and it makes my heart melt.

I don't know how much Taelyn understands, but it is probably more than I give her credit for. She loves to rub my belly and talk to him. She still thinks she has a baby in her belly too, but knows that Baby Brayden is in my belly. I think she will be such a great big sister. We are so excited for him to be part of our family.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Congrats!