Saturday, May 17

Our New Addition

Taelyn Elsa Woodland

Born May 5, 2008 at 10:24 am
7 pounds 12 ounces, 21 1/2 inches
AND LOTS OF HAIR!

Now for the good stuff...the pictures!!
She's not too happy in this pic...but I can't say that I blame her.
The only thing on our birth plan that went as we wanted it to was that Jon got to cut the umbilical cord.
The next 4 pictures are pictures that they took in the hospital. She was a day old at the time.
The last one I really didn't like because of the face she is pulling. We took one of our own when she wasn't so upset, but it turned out a little dark.
She looks so precious in daddy's arms.
Check out that angel face.
Her hair is about 1 1/2 inches at the nape of her neck.
She has long, long toes.
The picture doesn't do them justice.
This is the one I don't like as much.
It isn't bad, but when compared to the first 2...
she just doesn't look too happy.
Here is our attempt...but it was a little dark.
She doesn't look nearly as angry though!
Here they are. Daddy and Taelyn.
He is a wonderful father and a huge help to me.
He loves her so much...
and she sure loves him, too.
Now we get into the pictures when we left the hospital.
They sure enjoy taking naps together.

I'm glad I took this picture when she was happy...
baths have been a little more traumatic since then!

She looks so sweet. This is actually a posed picture that my mom took. My mom got a little picture happy!

We want to thank my mother. She came out and stayed with us for a week. We really appreciated it. She had the baby sleep in the living room with her. She brought her in when she needed fed. It allowed Jon and I some much needed sleep for a few nights. Also, it was nice to have someone at home with me during the day while Jon was at work. She spent lots of time sewing and holding the baby. When Jon came home, she would usually go out and shop for girls camp stuff or fabric until 9 or 9:30. We appreciated her giving us that time together, too.

My dad came out the evening Taelyn was born. It was cute to watch him with her. When the nurse came in to take her vitals, she asked dad if she could take the baby for a minute. He said no! I think he realized she wasn't going away until she got the baby. Dad finally relented.

Oh, and my mom doesn't have any horses any more. Dad promised them all to Taelyn. Under normal circumstances, I don't think mom would have taken kindly to having her horses stolen...but she didn't seem to mind too much. Mom is making bumper pads and a blanket for the cradle. Wouldn't you know, the fabric is pink...with horses.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay! I am so excited you finally have lots of pics up. I've been waiting. She is so blasted cute! I plan on visiting but thought it would be better if I wait till I am not sick.

Tami said...

Taelyn is just beautiful. We loved the pictures, but noticed there wasn't one of Tamaran. I'm sure everyone sees things differently, but I see a big resemblance to Jon, especially through the mouth and chin. I even see mom in her, Jon. What a sweet, new, little family.

Tami

Us Lochers said...

I too think she looks a lot like Jon! I always hate telling the mother that, just in case its a sensitive subject.

She's adorable.

nersey said...

Super cute pic's. She is alsready a little ham for the camera. I am wondering where are you in these photo's I want to see the victory shot of the superwomen! Congrats she is DARLING.
Jenny Miller

mike & teresa said...

hey Tamaran,
(its your cousin Teresa)
She's a cutie! I think she looks like you. I saw your blog on Val and Jackson's blog. Hope everything is going good and your getting as much sleep as possible! haha.