Sunday, June 22

Growing like a weed

So several weeks have passed since the last post, and more time than that since I added new pictures. It's time.

She is growing so much. From our crude weighing techniques (the difference between Jon on the scale with a naked Taelyn and Jon alone), she is nearly ten pounds. She has found her voice, has rolled over once, smiles when she recognizes mommy and daddy, and holds her head up on her own. She is growing up so fast. She also now cries to notify me of her displeasure of being neglected when I set her on my lap to trade sides when feeding her. That last one I could do without, but it does make me laugh.

Well, here are some more pictures. The first set is when I was deciding what to do with her hair for the baby blessing. I put gel in her hair with a flower that matches those on her dress. I'll add several of those, because I appreciate the faces she pulls.


Here is what usually happens when Jon comes home from work...

I'll give him credit, he does change her diaper first!

This next one is her favorite possition to sleep in. We usually put her to bed swaddled...but by morning, her arms are always up. Well, at least when I swaddle her. She always seems to get loose no matter how tight I swaddle her. Jon, on the other hand, is a pro.

Just a couple of sleeping pictures. You can't see it well, but yes, I painted her finger nails. Her toes match.

We have a small, pillow sized bean bag that some friends are letting us borrow. It is great! It allows us to jiggle her down into it, so that we can put her down without having to worry about her scooting away. This next set is some that I took today while she was on the bean bag. We had just gotten home from church and she was in an adorable dress that you can't see. I didn't think to change her when we got home, because clothes are clothes, right? Well, by the end of our nap, she had managed to explode out the back of her diaper. Next time, I'll get her out of the cute little outfits sooner.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

She is so cute Tamaran! You are such a lucky mom, and she is such a lucky little girl!!

Kirstine said...

Oh my goodness she is gorgeous and she has changed so much. LOVE the flower in herhair!!! Kirstine

Us Lochers said...

I love the different faces she pulls. Too cute!

Kael and Katy said...

HEY! I was so glad to see you found me, so I could find you :) This is so fun! Your baby is absolutely adorable! She is so pretty!! I bet you have so much fun with her in your lives now. I"m so excited to see your blog!! I hope you don't mind but I'm putting you as a link on mine so I can check you often :) hehe. Good to hear from you, have a great day!!

Pughs said...

Hey! Wow, she sure looks a lot like you. Can you believe how fast they grow up? I remember those explosive poops, it always seemed to come at the most inopportune moments. Hope all is going well.

Lauren And Lane Hyche said...

Hey Tam,

Congrats....she is so beautiful. I have been quite busy myself. I was so glad your mom and taryn came down for the wedding it meant alot....I bet you are exhausted lately. Hope is well...Love Ya Lots!! LU