Monday, June 30

Taelyn's Baby Blessing

So Jon blessed little Taelyn yesterday. It was beautiful. Like everything I have experienced in the last two months, it didn't quite seem real. I still stop sometimes and think, "Oh my gosh! I'm a mother!" During the blessing, nothing I did could keep my eyes dry. I feel so blessed to have this precious little one and have the opportunity to teach her and watch her grow.

I'd like to thank all those who were able to come and enjoy it with us. We appreciate all the love and support.

Following church, we had a lunch for the family members who were able to stay. It sure was nice to see everyone. I'm grateful for the love and support that Jon's family shows me. I couldn't have married into a better family.

I was in such a rush yesterday that I didn't even get pictures of anything. I didn't get pictures at the lunch, let alone Taelyn in her blessing dress! We're going to go get them done next week. I'll post them then. For now, this is it.

I had wanted to make Taelyn's dress. I planned on making it while my mom was staying with us the first week after Taelyn was born. HAH! That was naive of me, wasn't it. Needless to say, my mom ended up doing all of the machine work that first week. She left all the hand work for me. I did the beading, sewed on extra flowers, stitched the hem, turn under and stitched the lining and added a few too many snaps down the back. It took more time than I anticipated, and I was lucky to get it all done during Taelyn's naps. Thanks, Mom, for the help. It sure did look beautiful on her.

1 comment:

Us Lochers said...

You and your mom do great work!