Tuesday, August 12

Day Care at my Work

SO IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!

That's right, I finally got the call to let me know that they were going to get an opening. Actually, I got the call on July 21st. They let me know that they could get Taelyn in on August 11th. I'm glad they could get me in so soon. The lady that was watching Taelyn for July agreed to watch her the first week of August. Unfortunately, or fortunately-depending on how you look at it, she had her baby on the 4th (5 weeks early-both mother and baby are doing fine). Jon took the 4th off to watch Taelyn, and I took the 5th-8th off. If we hadn't heard from the day care yet, I don't know what we would have done. Knowing that we only had to make it through 1 week made it manageable.

Anyway, yesterday was our first day. It was SO nice! I was able to go down on both my breaks to feed her. During lunch I brought her up to my office, fed her and played with her for the full hour. Before I was driving to the Jacobson's during lunch, but only had 1/2 an hour that I was actually able to spend with Taelyn.

It was funny. The first break yesterday, I went to go feed her. When I walked in, it took me a few minutes to get her attention. She was too busy staring at another baby that was sitting near where she was laying on a mat. It was her first real encounter with other babies.

She is the youngest down there. There are two other little girls that were born in April. Its funny to compare size to the other babies. They all seem so short! [I measured the other day. She was 25 1/2 inches. That's 4 inches in 3 months!] And comparatively, she doesn't have much chub on her...yet.

No comments: