Wednesday, August 13

Extra Pics

So I go through phases where I haven't been posting, but I've still been taking too many pictures. None of them are related, but I'd like to get them posted so that I feel caught up...for one day at least!

When Taelyn sleeps, she gets carried away with her arms. They flail and wake her up. For that reason, whenever we put her down at night or for a nap, she has to be swaddled. I just thought this picture looked sweet. This is the first (and only) bottle I have fed her. We were at the ward BBQ and the other option wasn't convenient. I had to get a picture because she is actually holding the bottle up on her own. Her knuckles were turning white, but it is pretty good for a girl who is still working on getting those hands to do what she wants them to.
2 weekends ago we went down to Kirstine and Dan's (Jon's sister and husband). Ella sure likes Taelyn. She had to get her blanket and duck (because Taelyn had her bear) and lay down too. It was pretty cute!
Taelyn loves her bear. [Shhh...we have temporarily misplaced it and are trying to keep her from noticing!]. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but she is eating his ear. Poor bear. The top of his head gets pretty soggy. I like this pic because you can get a feel for how long her hair is. The pink spot isn't a bald spot, her hair is just swept to the side right there...for now anyway. Before she was born, I decided I would cut her hair before I allowed her to get a bald spot. Now I just frown when I notice the hair getting rubbed off a little more. I don't think I could bring myself to cut it.
She loves to play on our bed. That is where she first rolled over. It is the funniest thing to watch. She puts both legs straight up in the air then allows them to fall to the side, causing her whole body to rotate. Once on her side, she buries her face in the blanket until she can get her body to roll to her stomach. Funny thing is that she hates being on her stomach. Once she gets to this point, she gets really upset. We usually roll her back onto her back. She just repeats the process. Only once has she gotten back onto her back without our help.
This is her talking face. She sure is vocal. We love it...even when her cooing wakes us up in the middle of the night.She is so smiley. I absolutely love it. Everyone comments on how good natured she is. She is very alert and happy. But watch out, when she gets hungry she only gives me 3 minutes to start feeding her before she tries to let all the neighbors know that she is being abused!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Taelyn is the cutest baby in my world right now.