Friday, January 16

Oh Poo!

Last Sunday, during Sacrament Meeting, Tae got fussy and refused to go to sleep. I decided to take her out. Now keep in mind that she wasn't screaming or anything. I'm just still in that super paranoid phase, where I get anxious when my child makes any noise at all during Sacrament Meeting. Anyway, we went into the quiet room. She enjoyed setting on the bench, so I let her set there alone. Next thing I know huge amounts of spit-up are coming out around her pacifier...all over her beautiful Christmas dress (from Grandma and Grandpa). Of course, I was worried about noise when we left the chapel, so I left the diaper bag with Jon. I flagged him out from the door, but had to send him back when he had only brought 2 wipes with him. Well, we got that fixed. Catastrophe averted, and we were once again listening to the new Bishopric speak.

Next thing I know she makes 'the noise'. You know, the one where you know that she is going to attempt to unload every ounce of anything in her body into her diaper. Then she did. Jon and I quietly took her out, and went down to the family bathroom (oh so handy for those 2 person diaper changing jobs!). We got that taken care of, and (whew!) another catastrophe averted.

After the opening song in Primary, I was able to join Jon and Tae in Sunday School. Tae was playing on the floor with Joshua (who is 5 weeks younger than her). Ella had fun coming over and stealing their toys. Ella is 1 and has been walking for 3+ months. She totally had the advantage, as the other 2 are scooting, but not yet crawling. Anyway, they are setting there and I get a whiff of something. I let Jon know that I think she has another dirty diaper. He shrugs, as if to say there is no way she had enough left in her to cause a problem, and we could change the diaper in 15 minutes when the block ended. They play a little bit more. Tae grabs my hands and pulls herself up...and there...on the blanket...is the puddle of poo.

I grab the kid, wrap her in the other blanket so I don't get poo all over me, and rush for the door. Jon follows me to the family bathroom. It was bad. Real bad. We ended up holding her dress up over her arms and head, and washing her in the sink. Anyone in the hall would have thought we were abusing the child from the fight she put up and the screams that ensued.

The worst part? I didn't want to have to grab the poo blanket, so I wadded up the poo part and left it on the floor in the class room. When we got back, it appeared someone had been double checking for toys in the blanket, because the poo spot was no longer wadded. Ugh! To add to it, I had insisted that we walk that morning. The poo incident used up both of Taelyn's blankets that we had used to bundle her. We had to wrap her in Jon's suit coat to get her home.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

GROSS!

Nicole said...

LOL!!! I wondered where you had run off to. :) Sorry it was such a mess for you to clean up, though. If I had known, I would have cleaned up the blanket with Joshua's wipes. :) We've had a few blowouts like that, but luckily he was in footie jammies that retained most of the "damage." Still...no fun to clean up. haha Hope this Sunday is MUCH better than last!

Kael and Katy said...

Oh I just love stories like this! haha!! So fun isn't it? We've had more than our fair share of those "incidents" so reading about yours reminds me of mine and yes, they really are funny now! (not then of course) but now they are :)

nersey said...

Woowza, that is one of the most amazing poop stories ever!!! Truely epic.

Lacey said...

Church just isn't the same after you start having chilluns. At least it's usually exciting though.

nersey said...

Hey girlie we would LOVE a playdate and are free Saturday night if you are interested...