Wednesday, January 28

Stemming from Chelsey's Post

Chelsey posted on the joys of sharing a bathroom. As I was reading, I kept thinking that it isn't that difficult. That is when I realized that I only feel that way because Jon and I don't have to get ready at the same time. He has to be to work an hour before I do. That makes getting ready during the week nice.

What about weekends? Rarely are we trying to get out the door at the same time. Oh, except for the last few weeks. When Jon was in the Bishopric, he had to be at meetings at 7, so it was much like week days. I was left with getting myself and Tae ready, but I didn't have to work around anyone.

At this point in my thought process, I started thinking about the last month. Since Jon got released, we have had the joys of trying to share the bathroom. It hasn't gone well. In fact...we have been late every Sunday. The worst part? We are late even though church now starts 2 hours later!!

3 comments:

Jayson & Chelsey said...

It's funny isn't it! It doesn't cause fights or anything- just an awkward thing to work around! haha! It's really quite silly!

Fig said...

I feel so insanely guilty over being late to church. I always end up thinking about people in places like Africa, who have to get up at the crack of dawn and ride a 2-hour bus to church, etc., etc., and are still on time. And I'm racing like a madwoman to get to my building - which is like three miles away.

Dizzle and I share a teensy bathroom, and we have to coordinate creatively.I shower first and put on makeup while he showers, then he gets out of the shower and we fight over the mirror. That's pretty much it.

Tamaran said...

We're late and the church is about a block away! Its not that we really need to have schedules. I think it is that I expect to get ready easier and faster with him home to help with Tae...an incorrect assumption, I assure you!

I'm not too worried about it, though. Jon is mid-process of getting another calling. He'll have to leave early. Back to my days of getting ready alone. I'm excited. Tae and I are actually good at being on time when we are meeting Jon there.