Wednesday, January 14

Tagged by Shay

And since she is my favorite SIL on my side, how can I not follow through?

5 things Jon loves:
1. His girls
2. Gourney's Catalog (and dreaming about what he is going to plant this spring)
3. Smelling flowers
4. National Geographic
5. Visiting with his family

5 things on his to-do list
1. Build a green house
2. Get his degree in Horticulture
3. Terrace the hill at the Haven
4. Move home to the Basin
5. Visit Ireland

5 Snacks he loves:
1. a ripe, cold crenshaw
2. Nuts (cashews, pistachios, almonds)
3. Almond Roca
4. Ice cream (rocky road, carmel cashew, neapolitan, strawberry)
5. Gingersnaps

5 places he's lived:
1. Ioka
2. Mapleton
3. Alabama/Tennessee/Mississippi
4. Bennett (which he claims is different and better than Ballard)
5. Farmington and SLC

5 things you may not know about him:
1. He complains about how much time I put into my callings, but he is always there to help me when I bite off more than I can chew. From making 30 Christmas 'baskets' by myself, to making bowling pins for singing time and putting together project boards for the bells (at 11:00 the night before I need them). He never lets me stress over a project alone.
2. He loves to cook--and is good at it. I did most of the cooking until I got pregnant. I promised I would pick it up after the baby was born. He still does 65% of it. I make myself feel better by claiming it is because he gets off of work at 3:30 and I don't get off until 5.
3. This is related to quirk #4 below. If there is a TV on in the room, he can't pay attention to anything that is going on around him. When we were engaged, I was helping him fill out his tax form online. We were at a computer lab at the U and there was a TV. After asking him the same question 3 times, he finally told me that if I wanted any help from him, we needed to move so that he couldn't see the TV. At least he knows it it a vice of his and is willing to take action (the reason we don't do TV at our house).
4. He has a unibrow. Or had, anyway. When we were engaged, I told him that it was the only thing I would change about him. He has shaved it ever since.
5. This one is going to get me in trouble. At least it did when I told Paul while we were at the hospital and Jon was clipping Paul's toe nails. Jon gives great pedicures! He also shaved my legs for me when when I was pregnant and my belly got too big for me to do it on my own.

5 quirky things about him:
1. He dances around the house...a lot. Tae prefers his can-can. It makes her laugh.
2. He loves the Leatherman he got for Christmas. He wears it to work every day. He goes out of his way looking for reasons to use it. It's bad enough that his coworkers tease him about it!
3. He loves to make people laugh. The quirkiest thing my family has seen him do is when he took one of our house flies for a 'walk'...or would it be a fly? Picture a house fly with a thin string tied around its head and Jon holding on to the other end. I have seen him do quirkier things to make me laugh-but if I shared them, I really would be in trouble!
4. He likes anything that flashes or moves. When we first got married, I waited for over a half an hour for him to come to bed. When he didn't come, I had to go looking. I found him in front of the lava lamp. He had been there THE WHOLE TIME!
5. He thinks it is better to set the alarm earlier than he wants to get up, then hit snooze 5-7 times. He claims that it helps him ease into being awake. I HATE IT! I'd rather have the extra 45 minutes of uninterrupted sleep.

I'm gonna tag anyone that thinks they are up to the challenge. I really struggled to come up with 5 answers to each category. What is the difference between something that someone may not know and a quirk anyway?

1 comment:

nersey said...

OH what a cute post! You forgot to mention his good taste in women :D