Wednesday, September 24

Smelling the Roses

Last weekend we were home for the State Horse 4-H show in Vernal. Saturday morning we watched Taryn/Flip run barrels then Jon took me to breakfast. Outside of the JB's they have some lovely pink roses that are just starting to wilt. I shouldn't have been surprised when Jon walked through the bark toward the roses. There were 2 kids walking out of the restaurant (their parents were just finishing up paying). They stopped in their tracks to watch Jon. Then the little boy started laughing. When his parents came out they asked him what was so funny. Just as we were walking into the restaurant I heard the little boy say in delight "He smew'd it!".

I just want to let Jon know how much I love and appreciate him. Thanks for teaching me how to chill. Thanks for showing me the importance of taking the time to enjoy each moment. Thanks for making me stop and smell the roses.

2 comments:

DyeFam said...

Tam-That is so sweet he sounds alot like Jacks-we are lucky huh!! Our house is supposed to be done by December-but it's already like a month behind!! So who knows?!! Ok-that 4 1/2 month old picture is awesome. She looks so cute

Fig said...

That's a great post. Very genuine and tender - sounds like he is a cool guy.