Thursday, September 4

Reunions!!

I'm slow on getting these posted, but we have had 2 reunions in the last 2 weeks. Labor Day weekend was my dad's family reunion and the weekend before was Jon's family reunion.

This year Jon, Kathy and Kirstine hosted their reunion (which meant Kathy, Kirstine and I!). I had a blast helping plan. We held it at my Uncle Deloy's place in Hanna. I wish I would have taken more pictures while there... If anyone reading this has some pictures, please email them to me. I would greatly appreciate it! Anyway, here are some pictures that I did take.

This one has to be done big so that it can be seen. This is Jon and his siblings. They are kind of in age order! Working from the inside out (according to age): Renae, Tami and Jodi (middle 3 females), then Joe, Paul and Russ (middle 3 males), then the twins, Kirstine and Kathy (females on the outside), then Jake and Jon (males on the outside). Now keep in mind this is after everyone had been camping 2-3 nights! They sure are a great group.



There were many activities. We played cards a lot. They made mini-marshmallow shooters (which the kids discovered also worked as snorkels-they spent A TON of time in the river), crafts, teather ball, etc. I wish I would have gotten some pictures of the mini-marshmallow wars (I was too busy hiding-blast Danille for taking Taelyn-it left me with nothing to use to claim I was exempt!) The kids sure played hard (as evidenced by the picture of Ethan asleep in the chair). I love having so many nieces and nephews. They are all so adorable!


Taelyn spent most of the time taking it easy in the bean bag...well, kind of. I would put her on one of the tables in the bean bag. When I would check on her, 90% of the time she was missing. Everyone sure enjoyed holding her. I found out that if we wet one of her thin blankets, it can be used to keep her cool. It works perfectly. Her and Jon like playing with the wet blanket.Here is a picture of her in daddy's hat. I know I have a biased opinion, but dang she is cute!
Now for my fam's Reunion. It was at Deloy's place, too. I think Taelyn was getting sick of camping by the end. She sure was a good sport though. The first night was nice weather. Sunday evening it rained. And rained. And rained. You can tell which pictures were taken Saturday with great weather and Sunday/Monday when the crappy weather set in.


Most of the weekend was just my parents, Jon, Taelyn, Taryn and I. Truck graced us with his presence for one meal on Saturday. I don't think he would have come by at all if mom hadn't bought a new car and had Truck drive the truck out from SLC (I'll have to post a picture of it later-too cute!) Colton was at work (last week before going back to Cedar) and Shay had already moved back to Cedar.



My parents sure enjoyed spending time with Taelyn.
When my dad wasn't busy sticking out his tongue at Taelyn or teaching her to blow raspberries, they spent a lot of time together taking cat naps!
When grandma and grandpa didn't have her, Uncle Duane/Aunt Anne or Taryn had her. A couple months ago, Taryn said she couldn't wait until Taelyn could walk and talk because then she would be fun. She has admitted that its not so bad now that she doesn't feel like she is going to break Taelyn when she plays with her.Here are a few more pictures I took. These first two are of my cousins' kids. They sure are all growing up so fast! They enjoyed holding Taelyn too.Here are some of those present. At various times there were different people in the group under the pavilion. We had two big meals over the weekend, lunch Saturday and lunch Sunday. The last "official" number of those in attendance was 98. Here is my wonderful Grandpa Dye. I'm not sure how old grandpa is. When Jon asked him after Grandpa's b-day a few months ago, grandpa said 34. I think he is 92. Anyone know for sure?
Taelyn was sure grumpy when we got home on Monday. We promised her that we wouldn't go camping any more this summer. I think the 6 nights in 11 days was too much. Unfortunately it really threw off her sleeping groove. She has been waking up hungry in the middle of the night for 3 nights in a row now. Considering she hasn't done that at all since she was born, I'm a little worried. Hopefully we can break the pattern tonight.

3 comments:

Holly Ewell said...

Wow! Taelyn is getting so big! I'm glad to see that you all are doing so well. I just wanted to let you know that I went private with my blog. I sent you an invite to view, but I may have used an old email address. So check and let me know if you need a new invite.

DyeFam said...

What an awesome Post-I loved seeing those pictures of the Dye Family-Your dad looks so cute with your baby-how sweet is that!

Lacey said...

Hi Tam! I'm glad you found my blog! It's been fun being able to look at pics of your little fam. Taelyn is a little doll---so adorable!
I'd like to hear more about your NICU experiences sometime if you get the chance. It sounds like you guys were in there with Taelyn (??). Asher is doing better and we hope he'll be home in a week or so, but who knows.