Monday, December 15

Change in Bishopric

A welcome change occurred yesterday. The old bishopric was released and a new one called. I knew that Jon was asked to share his testimony with the rest of the outgoing and incoming bishopric members. I was caught off guard when the President Wentworth ask the wives to also share their testimonies and I got to start.

All week we have been looking forward to Jon being released. It would mean that I would have help getting Tae and her stuff ready Sunday morning. It would mean that I could sit by Jon during the meeting. We could sing together (he has a really nice voice). He could help with the baby. No meetings before church. No meetings after church. No meetings during the week. And best of all, no more late Saturday night, or early Sunday morning, 2.5 hour trips from the Basin to the city to make it back for early morning meetings!

It didn't dawn on me until after Sacrament that I really don't know how to be married to Jon without him being in the bishopric. He was called as the 2nd counselor 2.5 months after we got married.

Now I just have one question: What are we going to do with all this time!?

[oh wait, that is what I thought when I graduated...I hope this extra time doesn't disappear like that extra time seems to have!!]

3 comments:

Us Lochers said...

Congratulations on the reslease! Next up.... Stake Presidency.

Tamaran said...

that...is...not...even...funny...

I actually think Scouts or assistant to HP Group leader.

Nicole said...

Hey, congrats on the release. Jon did great, but I'm sure you'll appreciate the extra time together just as you said.

Oh, and about the self-taken portraits...Make sure you choose your backdrop carefully, we tried doing the timed camera picture thing...Jeff would set it up and then run to get in place...yeah, I don't suggest that method. :) It's probably best to get some nice person to come in and take them of you guys. Also, digital is amazing so you can say, I need to change the placement of hands, hair, etc.

Let me know if you need me to come take them. I would, you know. :)