Wednesday, December 31

2008

Fig had this on her blog. It made me think about how this year has gone for us. Most answers apply to both Jon and I. The ones that don't have both answers.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Had a baby and moved into a house with our little family. Oh, and put an offer on a house (it was more intimidating than we thought it would be...and we didn't even get it!).

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No and kind of (I'm calling them 'plans' because maybe Jenni is right about the resolution thing). Jon doesn't even remember what his were from last year, I'm working on getting him to make some 'plans' for this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes. Family: Lea, Charmaine, Nikki, Katie, Chris, Amy, Houng, Cory, Janae. Friends: Alyse, Nikki, Nicole, Lacey, Carol. I think that is all...

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes. Taylor (friend's newborn), Mavie (aunt), Alex (nephew), Brandy (Sis' BF).

5. What countries did you visit? None.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A family vacation (trips home don't count).

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 5, Tae's birth. Thanksgiving, because of the car accident. End of October, because that is when Jon knew Sherrie (his step mom) longer as mom than he knew Elsa as his mom.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I think doing all I did as RS Prez while being heavy with child. I would put Jon's as being passing both of the math classes he took. He says he didn't have any.

9. What was your biggest failure? I constantly wonder if I did enough during that time. I also doubt my decision to ask to be released. Jon says he doesn't have any. In his words, "I'm a pillar of success!" I refer you to his answer on the last question.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just minor things.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Stackable washer and drier. Jon agrees (he was the one that spent the most time at the laundromat).

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Hmmm...

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Hukabee.

14. Where did most of your money go? It's a toss up between auto payments and rent.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Tae's birth and moving. Jon is already really, really, really excited about spring (we will have a garden this year).

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Drawing a blank...

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier (both)
b) thinner or fatter? I'm thinner, but only because I was pregnant last year!) Jon is about the same.
c) richer or poorer? richer. This is the first year we have both had full-time jobs (funny-we don't feel richer though!).

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Service (Jon's answer, and I totally agree).

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? I say complaining, Jon says sleeping.

20. How did you spend Christmas? With my family and driving back in a terrible snow storm (our 2.5 hr trip turned into 4.5 hrs).

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes. With Tae, and having her made me fall more in love with her daddy. Jon says the same, vise versa.

22. What was your favorite TV program? As previously stated, we don't do TV. Monarch of the Glen via NetFlix.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope. Still hate the same people! ;)

24. What was the best book you read? Jon says, "Did we finish reading a book last year?" Other than the Twilight books and Host... I don't think we actually finished reading any books. Don't worry, one of my 2009 'plans' will address that.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Handbells (the primary kids LOVE them). Jon says handbells because they make him feel musical.

26. What did you want and get? Baby. Moved into a house. Washer/Drier. New wardrobe (me).

27. What did you want and not get? Bike Trailer for the baby (me). Jon says he has everything he wants.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Jon says WALL-E; I think we really didn't have much of a selection this year...other than the yearly HP movie.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Jon: spent day at wife's family reunion, 30. Me: Took Tae in for vaccinations. Jon made dinner. I turned 27.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I say we have been so blessed. I honestly can't think of anything. Jon says, buying a home in the Basin so we could move home and live happily ever after.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Poor. As always. My new wardrobe has helped immeasurably, though. Jon is totally comfortable with his jeans and Ts (occasionally I can talk/force him into a polo or sweater-if the occasion is special enough!).

32. What kept you sane? My best friend, who happens to be my spouse (answer some for both of us).

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? We didn't fancy any of them at all.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? Jon says the bail out and Proposition 8. He didn't give any details or explanation. I say Proposition 8. Mostly just the aftermath. I'm totally disgusted by the protests and attacks that have taken place because people exercised their right to vote. I am totally appalled that there are many who have lost something (ie, job) because they donated $ to one side or the other. OK, lets be honest, I've only heard of people being discriminated against because they supported it. Honestly makes me sick.

35. Who did you miss? Grandma... Jon misses his parents most.

36. Who was the best new person you met? Jon, who is kind of a hermit, couldn't think of anyone. I would have to say Nikki. She is so positive and caring. She is so strong. She is a great example to me.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. This is a little more personal than I want to post. If you are really interested, you can ask.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. My thought is "I have been blessed". When I asked Jon he said "It's a wonderful world" (but only after I wouldn't accept his "It's the end of the world as we know it").

No comments: