Tuesday, February 17

A Most Productive Weekend

I think this past weekend was the most productive 3-day weekend I have ever had. We got so much accomplished.

Before our Valentine's dinner, we spent 4 hours working on math. It is Jon's last math class, and we are determined that he will pass it the first time. After dinner we set up the baby crib in the living room. Here are pictures of her getting used to it before we moved it to our bedroom. Sunday, after staying late at church, we spent the afternoon with Riley. We finished the day by running to see a friend that is in the hospital.

Monday morning we did 3 more hours of homework. In the afternoon, I moved all the boxes that we haven't unpacked out of Taelyn's room and did some organizing. I had Jon and Riley move the storage closet, put together the day bed and move the crib to her new room. We vacuumed and baby proofed the room. Look how happy she looks to have her own room! That evening we did another hour of homework on the floor in Tae's room. In the middle of it, I noticed that Tae was standing next to me and not holding on to anything. I don't know how long she had been there. We are very excited, but I'm not sure that I'm quite ready for her to try to walk...
It took us a long time to get ready for bed because I was dragging my feet. Last night was the first night that Taelyn wasn't sleeping in the same room we were in. Jon teased me because it was so hard for me. He laughed because our room and her room are connected by a door. We closed both doors that open to the living room and opened the connecting door. He had to convince me that we would be able to hear her fine. With the 10 foot ceilings, the echo made it impossible to miss any sounds she made.

I was nervous because I usually wake up and check on her 5-6 times a night. Poor thing has gotten used to me putting my hand on her belly or back to make sure she is breathing. She even puts up with me putting my finger under her nose when the first option doesn't satisfy me. I was proud of myself-I only snuck in there twice to make sure she was alright.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is such a cutie!!! I have a really hard time parting with my boys to. Ryder is 4 and I still worry with him. I don't think it will ever go away, it's just a mom thing!

nersey said...

I understand how hard it is to make the big move. K-Man might still be in our room till he is 10 years old! Good job Tam you have proven you are a braver women then me again. I love the big girl video you can tell she knows she has just done a big girl thing!

Fig said...

That video gave me palpable baby hunger. Oh, my GOSH.

Nicole said...

How exciting! She'll be walking before long! And for me that means it'll be Joshua next. Will you tell Tae to slow things down so that Joshua might follow her lead on that? I think I'd appreciate that. :) It's amazing how fast they grow up. I hate to think that in the next 8 months he'll be walking and running and feeding himself. I'm not ready to give some of those things up yet. hmmm....