Tuesday, February 17

Valentine's Day

For the past 3 years, Jon has made me dinner for Valentine's day. Steak and lobster tails, salad, potatoes, bubbly and candles. This year we decided to try crab for a change.

This is the first year that I haven't been in school or dealing with 'morning' sickness. I insisted on helping, but Jon only agreed to let me make the potatoes (twice baked-the lazy way!) and Italian Creme Cake (same as our wedding cake). He did the rest.

This year, we didn't worry about setting up in the living room. As you can see, we didn't even worry about cleaning of the table completely (Jon's math is in the background). Oh, and if you can't tell...Tae was part of the centerpiece (right where she likes to be!). She really liked the candles when we turned the lights down. I was amazed that she just sat there while we ate. Toward the end she got sleepy, so we put her down and enjoyed a little time alone.

Oh, and Fig, you would be proud of me! I eat my steak medium-well. I decided to be brave and tried medium-rare, and loved it! (Well 1/2 of it anyway-that was a huge steak!)

1 comment:

Fig said...

A) YAY! I am SO proud of you, and I feel so validated. Rare steak is better, and that's that.

B) I am terrified of that crab.

C) But I loooove crab legs. So delish.

D) It's awesome that Jon is such a great cook and makes you V-Day dinner. Ten points for him.

E) I want to have a baby JUST so I can use it as a centerpiece. She looks so cute up there!