Friday, November 7

Tribute to Food Club

Top 10 reasons why I love the food club:

10-Fun way to be involved

9-Multiplying the recipe by 5 wasn't too bad

8-Pan size is large enough that we usually have leftovers for lunch

7-Saved us while we were moving

6-Allows us to try new things

5-Can put it in freezer and save for another day, if so desired

4-Saves $$

3-Saves Time

2-FREE FOOD!

1-My favorite thing about Food Club is when I'm like: "Crap, I don't know what we are going to have for dinner... Wait! We have Food Club tonight!!"

I may be breaking rule #1 of the food club (there is no food club and we don't speak of it), but I LOVE THE FOOD CLUB! What is food club? Well there are 5 ladies, including myself, that are participating this time. Basically, once every 2 1/2 weeks I cook the main dish for 5 families. That is it. What do I get in return? Food delivered to my front door twice a week. Doesn't that create a problem with pans? No, because we all bought 3 identical pans at the start. At the end, we'll just make sure everyone is left with 3 pans. [Technically we only needed 2 pans each-for details, see the first comment for this post.]

Last night was our first time to cook for the food club. I was worried, but willing to give this "Food Club" idea a try. We made Italian Chicken and Couscous (except we only stuck chicken in ours because we have vegetarians in the club). It worked like a charm...other than Jon took over and I didn't get to help much...

5 comments:

Tamaran said...

Say the rotation is like, Girl A first, girl B second, girl C third, girl D fourth, girl E fifth. Then I think the best thing to do would be:

Girl A starts with 4 dishes, girl B starts with 3, girl C starts with 2, girl D starts with 1, and girl E starts with none.

Girl A makes dinner first. After the first iteration, girl A will have 0, B will have 4, C will have 3, D will have 2, and E will have 1.

Girl B makes dinner next. She has the 4 dishes necessary to do so. After the second iteration, A will have 1, B will have 0, C will have 4, D will have 3, and E will have 2.

Girl C makes dinner next, and fortunately she has the 4 dishes necessary. Continue this process through all five meals.

After all five iterations, you will end up back where you started, girl A will have 4 (just in time for her dinner), B will have 3, C will have 2, D will have 1, and E will have none, just like how you started.

This way each girl has just enough dishes when its her turn, and never more. All in all, you would need 10 dishes to pull this off.

Tamaran said...

Just noticed the date my camera is putting on the pictures...I'll fix that...

Fig said...

Wow, I definitely can't process that. Thank goodness you're the one engineering stuff, and I just blog all day.

Sounds cool though! Plus, chicken and couscous? YUM.

☆jeff&leawoodland☆ said...

hey yeah its good to hear from you :D i cant wait to see our babys together!

deannas blog might not be workin bcuz she hasnt posted yet.. i need to go down there and help her get started.. lol
her URL: paulanddeannawoodland85.blogspot.com

hows mommy life for you?

Lacey said...

That's an awesome idea! Your meal looks fantastic.