Tuesday, November 18

My Kids

When I was called as the chorister in July, they only knew half the songs they were supposed to. [Guess that is what happens when the primary is understaffed and there hasn't been an official chorister for 4+ months.] I was so overwhelmed. I was certain that there was no way that we were going to pull it off.

They did. And beautifully.

Sunday was our Primary Program. I am SO PROUD of my children. Not only did they learn the songs, but they learned how to play the bells for "I am a Child of God". I bought a set of bells, and the primary bought a set. With 2, C-C scales (16 bells), we had enough for every child in the program to have a bell.

Every child, you ask? Yup. We are small in number, but it sure does make them a tight knit group. This picture is missing 2 that were in the program and 2 that were not (guess I need more bells!). They are sure adorable! This picture was taken at our practice. The back row, our Senior Primary, just had one of the service missionary couples called to teach them. The other 3 teachers are shown in the picture. I'll throw this picture in because it is related. Here are a few of my primary children at the Ward BBQ back in August. 2 were not in the previous picture.

4 comments:

Fig said...

I was also called to be a Primary chorister in July once - and they were also not prepared. In our case, however, they ended up moving the program back a month and a half. Obviously you are a better chorister than me. :-)

Congratulations on a job well done!

Tamaran said...

I wish! That was moved back a month!!

DyeFam said...

Wow-How awesome is that! Primary Chorister is one of the hardest jobs in the church-I think! Congrats!!!

Kael and Katy said...

I love looking at your blog your little girl is so cute!! She is growing up so fast too! Time flies, doesn't it?