Friday, November 14

Last Post for Today

So I have a few pictures that I haven't blogged yet. Most are of Taelyn (of course!). Sorry about the randomness of the pictures. They need to be posted for Grandma and Grandpa (#1 reason for my blog).

Taelyn has gotten to be quite the raspberry blowing pro. She usually ends up completely soaked down the front because she gets a little carried away.Just a random picture of her being a ham while I was taking pictures.
I took this because she used to hate being on her tummy. It was just recently that she learned that she can turn her head to the side to avoid grinding her nose into the blanket.
She also just started holding her own bottle. She knew how to before, but refused to. She prefers to eat with her arms up and hands behind her ears. I'll admit, it usually takes a little bit of a fight to get her to take it. I have to dangle the bottle an inch above her mouth, she fusses because she wants me to hold it, then she gives in and takes it on her own. And so the drama begins...
I've found the most effective way to get anything done around the house is to have a babysitter. When Riley isn't around, I've found a substitute. I hope this doesn't make us bad parents, but she LOVES Planet Earth. I've got Baby Einstein (all 30 million of them) in my NetFlix queue.
And the next picture is totally unrelated to Taelyn. Last week I had to go down to the RioTinto building (no, I'm not talking about the new Real Stadium...I'm talking about the new Kennecott Land building in Day Break). Before I could go in and have a meeting with one of their Engineers, I had to watch a 5 minute safety video and take a quiz. All I remember is that in an emergency, you don't run up and down the halls screaming (an option on the quiz), you call 2222. Oh, and they didn't have a north arrow on their evacuation map. I find that very annoying. Anyway, the RioTinto building is just south of the new temple. I got a few pictures before I left.
Oh, and I do have pictures of the new house...but they are on my camera's internal memory. Somewhere...in the remaining few boxes we haven't gotten to yet, is my camera cable. I'll find it this weekend so I can post pics of the house next week. The date may be wrong on them, too...but I did just change the date. Future pictures won't say it is January 2006!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Haha, at first I thought that last picture was the Rio Tinto building you were talking about, took me a second to figure out that it was the new temple!

What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving? We're not heading down to your area any time soon, but we will be with Joel's family for Thanksgiving and maybe a day around Christmas.

Tamaran said...

We are going home for Thanksgiving, but not Christmas. We do need to come to Logan to try to locate my mission scriptures at the Tabernacle. Let me know which weekends you are going to be in Logan (it will have to be after Thanksgiving because we are busy every weekend until December).

Us Lochers said...

Can you believe I live right by that temple?

Tamaran said...

To the north or the south? That is cool...but dang that was a long drive to get there and back from the County Building!! I can't imagine driving that during the morning and evening rush (which always seems to last longer than an hour).

Julie said...

Just let us know when you want to come out to Logan and we'll plan on it. I'll make sure Ty and Mel know as well. Hopefully we'll be free anytime after the first week in December (which is when Joel's Master's defense will hopefully happen).

I can't believe how big Taelyn is getting!