Tuesday, April 1

Getting Started

Its finally April. Our little one may be born this month...and she might not. The name that we have currently chosen for her is Taelyn Elsa Woodland. (Tae was my Grandma Dye's middle name, and Elsa was Jon's mom's first name.) We have actually had the name picked out since we got married (am I weird if I admit that?). It is possible, however unlikely, that when she arrives and we may decide she doesn't look like a Taelyn Elsa...so we are reserving the right to change our minds. I doubt that will happen.

I have been given 3 due dates: May 5, April 27, and April 26 (given in that order). We decided to count down to the May 5th date...that way we are less likely to be disappointed if she chooses to arrive a little later than the ultrasounds suggested.

At 100 days (Saturday, January 26th), Jon and I made a paper chain. You know, the kind you made when you were a child and counting down to your birthday, Christmas, or the end of the school year...


To finish it off, we decided to hang the chain from the ceiling fan in our living room.


We haven't been diligent enough to remove a link each day, but it goes by so much faster when you remove 4-6 links at a time. Because of my slight OCD, when we got to 50 days, I changed how many links hung between each fan blade. The lop-sided nature of it was driving me CRAZY! Today we are at 34 days. I'm amazed when I compare the original chain to what we have left. We are so close!


On that note, I have a list of goals that I would like to accomplish before she is born. One of them was to get our blog set up. YES! Something that I can check off of my list. If you know me, you know that I thrive on making lists--it makes me feel like I've accomplished something. Yes, I am one of those people who writes things down just so I can check them off. On occasion I've even written something down that I finished earlier that day so that I can evaluate my productivity--at least that is what I tell myself...



1 comment:

Us Lochers said...

Love the chain!