Wednesday, April 30

Oh What a Night!

So, I finally started nesting...and there was no claiming that it was "forced". Fortunately, Jon was nesting, too! We got so much accomplished last night.

Last night Jon picked up a carpet cleaner with the apulstery attachment. All the carpets are now clean and so are the couches and dining room chairs. While he was doing that, I finished the following items:

  • dusting mantle
  • dusting bookshelf (and everything on it)
  • cleaning baseboards
  • cleaning chair rail
  • organizing/dusting entertainment center

While the carpets and couches and couch pilllows/cushions were drying, we did laundry. When we got home we:

  • cleaned door frames
  • put couches back together
  • put laundry away (apparently a seperate task at our place-because sometimes it doesn't get done)
  • dishes
  • finished kitchen (again-including mopping)
  • cleaned bathroom
  • finished the last touches in the bedroom (yes-it is done!)

At that point, my contractions were going crazy. Jon freaked out. At 11:30 pm he decided that he needed to run to Smith's to get a stopwatch so that he could time them. I tried telling him no, but it was like telling a little boy in a toy store to not touch anything. When he got back, we were able to get a more accurate timing. They lasted between 30 seconds and a minute, but they never did get to where they were evenly spaced. They were anywhere from 2-15 minutes apart. We got so excited. We felt ready and we wanted to go...

Obviously, since I am posting, nothing more happened.

Oh well, we are getting closer! Check out those 5 lonely links...

I'm a little worried about what I am going to do tonight to keep myself busy. Maybe I'll clean the car...

Oh, the other thing that I want to mention that I think is SO CUTE is my mother. She calls every morning and every evening, and several times throughout the day. She says she just wants to see how I am doing and make sure that I am OK. Last night I left my phone at work. When I called her from Jon's cell to let her know that I had forgotten my phone (about 8:45 pm), she was still at work. She was getting everything ready for the next day...just in case I ended up going into labor. She has been doing this for about a week now...

This morning she called Jon's cell to see how I was doing. He was already on his way to work, and they talked for 5-10 minutes. When she called my work this morning, she already knew all of last nights details.

No matter how many times I tell her that I will call her as soon as we leave to go to the hospital, she still calls to make sure I'm OK and she hasn't missed anything. I think it's cute.

No comments: