Friday, April 4

My Awesome Job

I have worked for [a government agency with name removed for safety purposes] for nearly 2 years. The best thing about my job is the people I work with. Don't get me wrong, I'm fascinated by stormwater and drainage, but I love my co-workers and our camaraderie. Today they threw me a baby shower. Because I have had several people comment on how I'm still not on the blog, I'll document the shower with photos...

We ordered lunch from Cafe Rio.
After we finished eating, we played games.

Then we opened gifts.

I had never heard of a Bumbo-but they are supposed to be amazing.
They help the baby sit as soon as they can hold their own head up.
I think it is a great idea-especially because we're in a 1 bedroom apt.
It can be used as a highchair if you buy the tray to go with it.

(That is the "Bumbo")

(That is the tray)

They also got me a baby outfit,
a cross-stitched ornament with Taelyn's name on it,
a 'pack-n-play' (with carrying case),
sheets for the pack-n-play,
a baby wrap (also never seen-but looks handy),
2 baby toys,
and various hygiene items:
'butt paste', thermometer, fingernail clippers,
2 pacifiers and a clip, a bottle, swabs, and a few other items.

Jenni even pieced and quilted a baby blanket.

GOOD TIMES!

Oh, and there is a good picture of the belly...

(No Dad, that isn't my cup...I'm holding it...for Jenni...)

2 comments:

Us Lochers said...

I am probably your favorite co-worker.... this shower was really fun to throw for you. You're an awesome person! Jon is not however. he he, just kiddin ya Jon.

Julie said...

Tamaran, you look great!